Building Examples

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Concept Models

I really love the undulating lines the ribbon creates and started to play with it in different ways. The first way is a stacked method of overlapping loops using one continuous piece that acts as the floors, ceilings and the walls.




This time I started to play with the undulating ribbon so that as a whole it created an organic form, and allowed it to plunge in and out of the ground.



For the last ribbon concept, I have tried to incorporate the texture of a ballerina's too too. I have tried to wrap the material in a way that resembles a dancer moving and dance the ribbon itself around her.



3 comments:

  1. I like the integration of the materials in your third concept model.
    But I am intrigued with the dividing plane and the simplicity of the second model.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy this study models. I do like the 2nd one as the thickness of the ribbons are thin and delicate - more so of a dancer. I would love to see these ribbons going into the ground and back up again.
    The 3rd one does start to show more of spaces and the uses that you have will need to be dark and other bright.
    Take a look at this link:
    http://remodelista.com/posts/hotels-lodging-restaurants-winery-tasting-room-roundup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take a look at this.Just saw it on Arch Daily

    http://www.archdaily.com/84032/port-phillip-estate-winery-woodmarsh/#more-84032

    ReplyDelete