Building Examples

Monday, November 8, 2010

Concept Sketches and Massing

So, I have really been having a hard time envisioning my ribbon as a 3 dimensional mass and decided to make another model out of wire and pull a mesh fabric over it to see the form it creates. Unfortunately it didn't work so well, so I went back to the dancer. I used a bright light and a ribbon,  mimicking the arm movements I watched the shapes and shadows the ribbon created. I took pictures and from there went back to sketching. Here are some of the sketches, the last two really started to come alive and I want to add to them. You'll notice the last one doesn't have the floors below grade yet, I am still playing with transition from above to below and visa versa.


This is an outline of the original model I was having a hard time seeing 3 dimensionally. I added a thick ground line and some quick floor slabs. 







CONCEPT MASSING

This one really started to take a shape I like and know I can work with, I have not added the mesh texture yet to create light and dark but I love the opening between the two smaller elements. I see a possibility to grow the grapes for the wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment