Building Examples

Monday, September 13, 2010

Typology Update

I have decided to combine 2 typologies into one building, I am however sticking to my original types but swaping the church for a monastery and adding the winery to it. Seeing that there aren't many of these around, I have decided to research the two seperately. I will be using 3 examples of a winery:

Dominus Winery
Architect: Herzog & De Meuron
Yountsville, California
1995-1998

Bodegas Ysios Winery
Architect: Santiago Calatrava
Laguardia, Spain

Rothbury Winery (Modern)
Designer: Keith Cottier
Pokolbin, New South Wales

And 3 examples of a monastery to begin my research:

Convent of La Tourette
Architect: Le Corbusier
Eveux-sur-Arbresle, France
1957-1960

Fontenay Abbey
Architect: Unknown
Burgundy, France

Monastery of Our Lady of Novy Dvur

Novy Dvur, Bohemia
Atelier Soukup, Pilsen

I am still looking to see if I can find at least 3 or 4 cases where the two are combined so that I may get an idea of how someone else has chosen to combine the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment